Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV Telegram channel! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
17-28mm F2.8 Tamron Di III lens for Sony E mount

Price is expected to be extremely competitive.

Preorder soon at https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1461529-REG/tamron_a046_17_28mm_f_2_8_di_iii.html

sa7083.jpg
    800 x 560 - 50K
  • 9 Replies sorted by
  • February 20, 2019, Saitama, Japan - Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shiro Ajisaka), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of two new lenses for full-frame DSLR cameras—the 35-150mm F/2.8-4 Di VC OSD (Model A043) zoom lens and the SP 35mm F/1.4 Di USD (Model F045) fixed focal lens; and a new high-speed ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras—the 17-28mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A046).

Tamron will display these new lenses at CP+ 2019, the World Premiere show for camera and photo imaging, beginning February 28 through March 3, 2019 at Pacifico Yokohama and at the Wedding and Portrait Professionals International (WPPI), February 27 through March 3, 2019 in Las Vegas.

The lenses are expected to launch in the middle of 2019.

High-speed ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for Sony E-mount cameras is extremely compact and lightweight: 17-28mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A046)

The Model A046 achieves an astonishingly small diameter for a high-speed ultra-wide-angle zoom lens, as witnessed by its modest 67mm filter size. Its unprecedented light weight and compact size provide excellent balance when used with a full-frame mirrorless camera, making it easy to carry, and enabling it to cater to a wide range of scenes and shooting conditions. The Model A046 offers a fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the entire zoom range and delivers high-resolution and contrast edge to edge. The combination of ultra-wide-angle focal length, fast constant F/2.8 aperture and Minimum Object Distance of 7.5 in at the wide-angle end encourages richly expressive and creative photography in a multitude of scenarios. The Model A046’s AF drive system is powered by the RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) stepping motor unit, enabling it to deliver high-speed, high-precision and superbly quiet operation suitable for shooting video as well as still photographs.

sa7314.jpg
    796 x 525 - 33K

sa7399.jpg
    683 x 580 - 49K
    sa7400.jpg
    686 x 518 - 51K
  • So about $900 in the US? Not bad. I don't use UWA much but for that price I may end up with one eventually.

Vitaliy, any word on them developing a tele zoom to complete the trio?

• @aldolega

I am sure they'll do such. but hard to say how soon.

• Now that the wide zoom is delayed then for sure the 70-200mm or whatever tele range zoom that Tamron will come out with will be delayed even more. I was hoping for the tele zoom being shipped before end of summer.

• Tamron will have a 17-28mm pricing announcement this week and preorder will start also.